BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, March 8, 2008

orange/hot stir fry

well, today we created a new tasty addition to our stir fry recipes!!
as usual, I began by preparing the white rice [though, sometimes its wild rice, but not too often]
as that was coming to a boil, i heated the wok, added sesame oil and Thai chili sauce, its nice and thick and I stir it in to the heating oil with a wooden spoon. to that I added some of my pre prepared [ I keep this frozen for longevity] cut veggies. This consists of:
red, yellow, green and golden orange bell peppers, kale, bok choy, soy bean sprouts, peas in the pod [sometimes snow peas sometimes regular, cut in three sections] green onion and don't forget the broccoli!
they are tossed quickly in the heated oil and Thai chili sauce and the rice drained and added and stirred quickly. But... Marielle was there and looked at a bag of "cutie" tangerines I had on the counter, and she said. "Hmm, they would probably taste good in that!"< < *due to a daughter complaint that she wouldn't say that like that" even though thats how I remember it, I would like to add that she said "words to that effect" > >
so, we quickly peeled one and added it one section at a time, and I then added the pour and stir stir fry sauce and some orange sauce to sweeten things since the tangerine slices were in there, and I also added another tablespoon of Thai chili sauce to make it hotter.
the results of playing about and experimenting with the stir fry were delicious!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU MISQUOTED ME! I shall sue.

maureen said...

corrected to a degree on post, good luk at the suing bonzo baby.