BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

potato paties

this morning i was trying to think of something different to make that was tasty and would be more of a comfort food. My eyes strayed to the instant mashed potatoes, which, I must confess, are nice to have, made right. These are the potato buds, which taste the closest to the real thing.


I made them and chopped and minced red, orange and yellow peppers, half an onion, [though green onions would have looked ab it nicer] then scooped all the veggies into the pan with the potatoes and stirred.

I pre heated a frying pan and added olive oil, though any will do, and then using a large serving spoon, I dropped amounts in the pan and pressed down on each one to flatten them a bit and then let one side get dark crispy brown then turned each easily, they held together fine and looked gorgeous when done on both sides, I sprinkled with hot salt, its nice if you can find it at the store, if not, mix in a shaker cayenne pepper and popcorn salt and use that. be careful if your mouth easily reacts to spicy hot stuff. they are nice alone, or as a side dish with anything you would serve potatoes with.

1 comments:

John and Heather Davis said...

Well hello there. I have been trying to get a hold of you. How are you? Well I hope with all this crazy wind! Miss you;)
Heather