BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, September 4, 2008

just when you thought....

okay, so the breathing, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, ear achy overall crappy stuff seems to be at bay now, but just when I thought everything was going rather well, I decided to head around the corner to Walgreen's to get my Primatene mist bronchial dilator junk and began to do something I do daily..get into the trooper.
Yeah, an everyday task being done by monkey brain me.
Purse firmly in hand, keys on a lanyard around the ole neck, I grabbed at the steering wheel with my right hand and the door with my left and did what I always do, slide my fat ass into the vehicle and bring the door closed as I go, but this time for some reason, I began to slide back out as the door flew back open dragging me with it like it had external forces working . The fact I had become dizzy at that moment might have come into play. Anyhoo, as I started to fall back out of the trooper, I landed on my left big toe which crunched in a nasty and sickening way and folded in half at it hit the driveway. So, last night, Bug was rubbing a now swollen toe, giving me aspirins with milk and we watched Shawn of the Dead together till I fell asleep. Luckily, this morning it only hurts a tiny bit, no broken bone I guess, thank god! and I did actually still go to the drug store for my mist which I was grateful for having as it alleviates the tightness in my chest. so..anyway, as they say at Warner Brothers..."that's all folks"

2 comments:

John and Heather Davis said...

Mom, sorry to hear about your toe-OUCH!!! Well I've been missin' you like cra-za lately! When are we doing pics??? Friday Bradley has gymnastics and Jaden has her first soccer game Saturday- wish I could tell you the time it starts, but I dont know myself and nor does the coach! Crazy ha! I'll let you know when I find out and you let me know when to take pictures! Love ya like a fat kid loves cake:)

maureen said...

hey Heather!! well, the toe has stopped hurting and is now just swollen and has a bruise..about the pix, obviously it will have to be a day not involved with the kids and their activites, so a week day after 1 pm I guess would be good, another week 10 days too, as while sick, bug asked meto cut her hair, what can I say, it turned out really strange, luckily she has a decent attitude and many hats to wear..LOL and the cap that goes with the gown will hide that, but the green dye we used has already worn off to a great degree,so ore has to be added to get her hair the right shade f green, god knows it has to be the right shade of green. and for family shots, we may have to wait actually till her hair grows out, I do NOT want a hat being worn in the fam pix.