BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brian and the scary PC

for years Brian has looked upon the computer as a scary thing, confusing, complicated, not something easy to use or understand.
this last month and a half has been a time of growing and changing for him. His new job requires he post his tasks using a computer.
He came home, white faced and said, teach me how to use the computer.
I have waited for years to hear that.
His first look at the keyboard elicited the recurring question, one I have heard a thousand times..why isn't it alphabetical?
I gave the stock answers and he began learning where letters were located, and then learned how to log into his email account, and learned how to write an email and send it.
the other day he came home, walked over the the laptop and clicked on the bank link and entered his password and id and checked the accounts without help.'
today, he opened works word processor and typed an order form up, printed it out, then did the envelop then surfed about on youtube looking for Tom Russel tunes and videos..I think he has got it, by George!! he has learned faster than anyone aside from Marielle. I am suitably impressed.

0 comments: